First Try in Affinity Designer ( so excited!!!)

Hi all,

So today I installed the trial of 'Affinity Designer'😀😀😀, a design program like Photoshop or Illustrator, but made by a company called 'Serif'. (Yes like the fonts... pretty confusing )

I've been looking into this program for a while now and I'm really thinking of buying it because it looks very nice and functional (offering a mixture of Photoshop and Illustrator features which are very useful for UI Design), but since they had a free trial, I thought it was best to first test it out.

When I was looking at their page I saw a looping video of a very nice symbol.
Click the image to go the source


So after the first two tutorial videos of Affinity designer on their Vimeo ( unfortunately they are all out of order...)(edit - On their Youtube Channel the videos ARE organised! Yeeey!), I thought... mmmm... I just want to try to make this. After a lot of searching, trial and error, browsing through forums to find simple things like masks and path offsets...

Some of my process



I came to this final result. I'm pretty happy with it, although I think the color could have used some more attention. However, for a quick test ( not really 🙈) it is definitely good enough.

Comments